Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious recipe for a traditional Italian soup.
- 1 lb sausage (choose your own spice level)
- 2 large potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cook sausage in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Drain and slice.
- Place onions, potatoes, broth, water and garlic in a heavy pot. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn to low heat and add kale and cream. Heat thoroughly and serve.
I found this to be more like a potato soup and I followed the directions exactly. It is was OK but not something I would make again. Thanks for the recipe, I love to try new things. Made for My 3 Chefs 2013.