Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great winter soup.
Make and share this Italian Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (I use a lot)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Saute sausage, onion, and garlic in large pot. Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Sometimes I add a very small amount of tiny uncooked pasta to thicken.
- Serve with toasty crunchy french bread to get every last drop.
I love soup and this one was so good. I did use mild italian ground sausage and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Simple to make and tastes great. Served with some crusty italian rolls and enjoyed the leftovers the next day.
Wonderful soup! It's delicious and quick to make, and it really satisfies. I made this as written, using lean ground turkey sausage. I sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese on top to serve. Yum! Thanx for a great quick-fix soup!
Loved this! I am watching my carbs, following South Beach diet. I used 1 1/2 lbs hot turkey sausage, browned that along with 1 large onion and 1 green pepper, diced, and 1 clove garlic. Added 2 cans low sodium chicken broth, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can beans and a nice helping of dried italian seasonings. I didn't need to use pepper flakes, because the meat was already spicy enough and even though my broth was low sodium, there was so much flavor in this soup that I didn't even need to add the extra salt. Quick to make, hearty, much flavor...great comfort food. I'll be making this alot. Thanks for posting!