Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful, easy soup that is quick to put together for a nice weekend lunch or supper. You will probably have all the ingredients on hand, so why not make it tonight? I found this recipe on the internet.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, packed, rinsed and torn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In Dutch Oven, brown sausage with garlic.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with their liquid and zucchini.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach.
- Cover and allow spinach to cook in the steam from the soup for another 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serves 6.
Delicious and full of nutritious veggies... all the kids loved it and we will definitely make it again. Thanks!
Followed recipe precisely. Simple to make with very flavorful results. DH said it's a definite make-again.
I was looking for a flavorful soup and I found it when I tried this quick and easy recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change anything. It is perfect as published. I will be making this one again.