Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For some reason I had a craving for a soup with Italian sausage in it so I came up with this. A bonus was that my family loved it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 (49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot coins made from baby carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in thin coins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry campenelle pasta or 1 cup pasta, shape of choice
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Brown and drain Italian sausage.
- To soup pot add browned meat, broth, potatoes, carrots, garlic, onion salt, cilantro, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add pasta and continue cooking until pasta is done (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add kidney beans and their liquid, butter, and milk. Stir until melted and heated through.
- Serve with warmed Italian bread.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Goooooooooood. Hot, hot, hot.