Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy, but delicious version from Cooking Light magazine.
- 8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage or 8 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add sausage to pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain, return to pan.
- Add broth, tomatoes and pasta to pan, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach until wilted.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
Delicious! Made as directed using fresh ground Italian sausage from a local butcher. Love how quick and easy it is to make.
Quick, easy, delicious and light. Lots of flavor without lots of simmering. Suggest doubling the recipe. Hearty enough to eat for dinner with crusty bread and a green salad. Thanks, Ridgely, for sharing! I am a big Cooking Light fan!
Absolutely wonderful!! Quick and simple and sooo full of flavor. A great way to sneak in spinach! I used the tortellini pasta as suggested in the reviews. The only thing I'll do different next time is double it!!