- 8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage or 8 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Add sausage to pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain, return to pan.
- Add broth, tomatoes and pasta to pan, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach until wilted.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.