1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Soup
This is a quick and easy, but delicious version from Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage or 8 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Remove casings from sausage.
- 3Add sausage to pan, and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 4Drain, return to pan.
- 5Add broth, tomatoes and pasta to pan, bring to a boil over high heat.
- 6Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is done.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in spinach until wilted.
- 8Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1043.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic