- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage in 1 T olive oil; remove from skillet.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and saute peppers and onions for 5 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, fennel seed and water to skillet; simmer over medium heat, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Return sausage, peppers and onions to skillet and mix well. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sausage is done and potatoes are tender.