Recipe by Senior Lady
A flavorful sauce to serve over angel hair pasta. I saw this on a television show years ago made a couple of adjustments and have prepared many times since. My family enjoys it.
Top Review by Merlot
This dish really hit the spot. It is a perfect stopping over pasta. I didn't have angel hair but I used penne pasta. I used a combination of hot and sweet Italian sausage. This is such an easy dish but yet worthy of serving guests. Thanks for sharing this winner, Senior Lady. We LOVED it!!!
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (bulk package)
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large sweet onion
- 40 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) box whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage meat in skillet then add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft at a low to medium setting.
- Slice the peppers into short strips and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Last add the pepper strips and cook until they reach the soft crunchy stage.
- Serve over angel hair pasta.