Recipe by Bone Man
I'm posting this per a request. This is one of those fast, easy, tasty stovetop suppers for busy people. Not exactly health food. Enjoy.
Top Review by chemonurse93
This was easy and really good. I used ground mild italian sausage. I couldn't find italian pasta so I used Pasta Sides Angel Hair with Parmesan and just added some italian seasoning to it. I did use a little extra water to make sure there was enough fluid to steam the green peppers so they were tender. I also used 1% milk which worked fine and didn't prewarm any fluids. This is a fast meal. Thanks for posting. This is going in my personal cookbook. GOD BLESS YOU!!
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 6 ounces Italian pasta (boxed creme-type, with seasonings, such as Pasta-Roni)
- 1 large green bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (shredded, any white blend, your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, warmed
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk, pre-warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any casings from the sausage and discard.
- Crumble the sausage into a large skillet, brown over medium heat and drain, (if necessary).
- To the browned sausage in the skillet, (over medium-high heat), add the water, milk, butter, and pasta box contents, including the seasonings that come with it. Bring to a boil.
- As it comes to a boil, add the bell pepper and onion and reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow it to boil gently for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally -- pasta should be slighty firm at the end of the 9 minutes.
- Remove skillet from burner, stir, and allow to stand, covered, for five minutes.
- At the end of the 5 minutes, sprinkle the cheese over the top, re-cover and allow to stand for 3 more minutes, (to melt cheese), before serving.