Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Classic italian sausage sandwich that reminds me of the ones that I would get when I grew up in Chicago.
- 6 Italian sausages
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) cancheese & garlic spaghetti sauce
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pierce casing of sausages with fork.
- Cook in a large skillet over medium heat with green pepper and onion until sausage is brown on all sides.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into skillet. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink in the middle.
- Fill each roll with a piece of sausage and sauce. Top with pepper and onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
This was a really yummy sandwich. It was easy and really hit the spot for an easy dinner. Thanks emma for sharing. Made for Alphabet Chef Soup Tag.
My family and I really like this recipe. It reminded me of the Italian Sausage sandwich i had in New Jersey at seaside heights. I just split the sausage down the middle, enough for the sausage to be split but not separated. I did that for just my personal preference. I also put some italian seasoning on the sausage, onions and peppers and butter prior to adding the sauce. My wife and I toasted our hoagie buns because that/s how we recieved our buns in New Jersey. Very good recipe simple, good and affordable. Thanks Emma!!!