Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
All the flavour of a hot Italian sausage sandwich in a quick and easy casserole. You can prepare this ahead of time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, cooked drained and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 16 ounces Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) canof your favourite spaghetti sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease 13x19-inch baking dish.
- Place bread in single layer over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese mayonnaise basil and oregano in small bowl.
- Spread over bread slices.
- Combine sauce garlic and sausage in medium bowl.
- Spoon over cream cheese mixture; top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Delicious. I didn't quite have enough mayo and used italian seasoning instead of the basil and oregano and it turned out wonderful. I've made it twice and both times I've had people ask for the recipe.
This was very good. I did add onions, peppers and mushrooms and it gave it more flavor. I also halved the recipe as I was cooking for just two. I wasn't sure what to expect from this recipe but it turned out to be a pretty tasty meal!
This was really good!I made half of it with italian bread and the other half with very low carb, high fiber wheat bread. Both were equally delicious and the wheat bread lowered the carbs a great deal so that my dieting husband could enjoy a generous portion. I hate mayonaise and still enjoyed this dish. My family absolutely loved it (they all love mayo.)and has already asked me to have it again. I will also add green peppers and mushrooms next time! Thanks Fluffy!