Recipe by Fluffy
All the flavour of a hot Italian sausage sandwich in a quick and easy casserole. You can prepare this ahead of time.
Top Review by chef515
Delicious. I didn't quite have enough mayo and used italian seasoning instead of the basil and oregano and it turned out wonderful. I've made it twice and both times I've had people ask for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, cooked drained and sliced into 3/4 inch pieces
- 16 ounces Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) canof your favourite spaghetti sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease 13x19-inch baking dish.
- Place bread in single layer over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese mayonnaise basil and oregano in small bowl.
- Spread over bread slices.
- Combine sauce garlic and sausage in medium bowl.
- Spoon over cream cheese mixture; top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.