1/8 Photos of Italian Sausage Sandwich
Soooooo yummy. I'm posting this for ZWT 2006 (Italian region) This is a very hearty sandwich but so tasty that if i'm hungry, even having the small appetite that I do, I can down one and a half of these buggers. Guys and kids love these. This is also easy to double if you have more people to feed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare the onion-pepper mixture, slice the peppers into long strips about 1/2 inch thick and thinly slice the onions.
- 2Sauté both together in a heavy pan in a few tablespoons of olive oil until they are soft and onions are beginning to turn golden brown.
- 3Make a garlic butter by mashing together about two cloves of roasted garlic (if you don't want to roast it yourself, jars of roasted garlic can be found at most grocery stores these days) with 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4Grill or pan fry the sausages until cooked through (it helps to preboil them for about 5 minutes; it cuts down on the grease and grilling/frying time); slice the buns and grill lightly once the sausages are ready; alternatively, the buns can be lightly browned in either a toaster or a hot lightly oiled pan.
- 5Brush the buns with the garlic butter, carefully put 1/4 cup mozzarella on one side of each bun and place in each bun a sausage and a good amount of the pepper-onion mixture and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.8
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 1493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g