Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This dish went SO quickly after class that I didn't even get to take a picture! They are that good! The awesome part is, they are not that difficult to make!
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, fresh is possible
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17 oz. package)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl. Let stand until milk is absorbed, about 5 minute.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Add the sausage, onion, 1 egg, garlic, and oregano; pulse until blended and season with salt and pepper.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a floured work surface and roll out into a 12x10-inch rectangle.
- Cut the pastry crosswise into three 10x4-inch strips and brush each strip with the beaten egg.
- Spoon 1/3 of the sausage mixture in a narrow strip lengthwise down the center of each pastry strip.
- Fold the long sides in, covering the filling and overlapping slightly in the center.
- Press the seam down slightly to seal.
- Arrange rolls seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cover and chill until rolls are firm, and least 10 min and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF while the rolls are chilling.
- Cut the firm rolls crosswise into 8 pieces.
- Separate pieces on the baking sheet and brush with some of the remaining beaten egg.
- Bake rolls until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce.