Baton Twirling's Note:
A quick and creamy risotto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage or 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a large frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces, approximately 4 minutes or until browned.
- 3Add garlic, onion, zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 4Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, approximately 3 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- 5Add rice.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Add 3 cups (750 ml) chicken stock.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 10Cover, cook for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- 11Add the remainder of the chicken stock, stirring often and simmer approximately 5 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy.
- 12Add tomato, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 1235.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 24.7 g