Recipe by Baton Twirling
A quick and creamy risotto.
Top Review by brsmith4
I totally agree with stephanierndos' use of green and red bell peppers. I find their flavour really adds to the dish. I also added a little crushed red pepper for some extra kick. I could have gone with spicy italian sausage, but it would have been too much for my girlfriend who dislikes spicy food. Fantastic recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage or 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces, approximately 4 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, onion, zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, approximately 3 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add rice.
- Mix well.
- Add 3 cups (750 ml) chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover, cook for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the remainder of the chicken stock, stirring often and simmer approximately 5 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy.
- Add tomato, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.