This is a simple but delicious dinner my family loves. I serve it with crusty Italian bread or garlic bread and a salad. Feel free to use hot or sweet Italian sausage.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage link, grilled and coin-sliced
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 26 ounces of your favorite pasta sauce (I use a little more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain, keep warm and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet; remove casing from sausage links and cut in coin-like slices.
- Add to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Add garlic and saute lightly for about 30 seconds.
- Add peppers and cook until crisp-tender.
- Add pasta sauce with peppers and heat until warm.
- Add the rigatoni or serve separately.
- Top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
I used a jar of marinara sauce and mild italian sausage and a mix of fusilli and shell pasta. After the sausages were cooked, I drained the pan. I used 2 red bell pepper. It's a great dish, very easy to do. Thanks Lainey :) Made for the Best of 2011 tag game
This was really good and easy to make. I did change it up a bit because of what I had on hand. I used ground mild italian sausage and only used red peppers. I used two jars of marinara sauce. This makes a lot. Plenty for leftovers the next day.
As simple as this is to prepare, it really is quite tasty. The peppers give it a nice "kick", too. I know I will make this again. Thanks, Lainey6605. Made for ZWT7, Mischief Makers team.