1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Rigatoni and Peppers
This is a simple but delicious dinner my family loves. I serve it with crusty Italian bread or garlic bread and a salad. Feel free to use hot or sweet Italian sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage link, grilled and coin-sliced
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 26 ounces of your favorite pasta sauce (I use a little more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain, keep warm and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in large skillet; remove casing from sausage links and cut in coin-like slices.
- 3Add to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- 4Add garlic and saute lightly for about 30 seconds.
- 5Add peppers and cook until crisp-tender.
- 6Add pasta sauce with peppers and heat until warm.
- 7Add the rigatoni or serve separately.
- 8Top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Rigatoni and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1122.8
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 2253.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 42.4 g