Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such a simple, great recipe from Cuisine at Home magazine...I am putting it here for safe keeping so I can find it again...I used red wine instead of white and it turned out great....Easy to double...
- 8 ounces penne pasta or 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Brink a large pot of salted water to a boil for the penne.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Brown sausage iin a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, crushing it into small pieces using a potato masher. Add the bell pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Stir in tomato paste and garlic. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Deglaze with wine, then increase heat to high and cook until liquid is nearly evaporated. Add tomatoes, sugar, and pepper flakes; bring to a simmer and cook 5-8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Season ragu with salt, stir in parsley, and serve over penne. Garnish with parmesan.
This is really good, the flavours are great together and it looks so pretty too! Easy to put together and tasty economical meal, thanks for sharing.