Recipe by lele
We found out my husband has very high cholesterol, and we have had to become creative. We took an origianl family recipe, and modified using regular mild italina sausage with turkey sausage, heavy cream with low fat milk, etc.
Top Review by Vickie B.
Looking for good, easy recipes since hubby had a stroke and we had to change our diet. I modified this using what I had on hand. I used one turkey Italian sausage, ground it after cooking, added to 1/2 pound of cooked turkey breakfast sausage. Then I used mixed veggies instead of baby carrots and put in a regular size pie crust. Absolutely delish and so easy to put together.
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links
- 3 baby carrots
- 1 medium white onion
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 eggs (can substitute with egg beaters)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 uncooked deep dish pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese (can substitute with cheddar or monterey jack)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper or 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- brown sausage, and ground to small pieces drain& rinse with hot water.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375* Mix remaining ingredients in a med size bowl setting aside 1/4 c of cheese.
- Pour mixture into pieshell, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.