Recipe by Miss Annie
This pie makes a lovely light supper dish. It takes very little time to put together and bake. Serve it with your favorite salad. This recipe is adapted from a cookbook by The Sons of Italy Florida Foundation.
- 1 pie shell, unbaked
- 3⁄4 lb Italian sausage, sweet
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pie shell in oven during the pre-heating time for about 5- 10 minutes in order to firm the bottom some.
- Don't overcook!
- Remove casing from the sausage and crumble.
- Sauté sausage and onions; drain well and spoon into prepared pie shell.
- Blend eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes, or until custard sets and tests clean with a knife.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.