1/7 Photos of Italian Sausage Pie
Miss Annie's Note:
This pie makes a lovely light supper dish. It takes very little time to put together and bake. Serve it with your favorite salad. This recipe is adapted from a cookbook by The Sons of Italy Florida Foundation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place pie shell in oven during the pre-heating time for about 5- 10 minutes in order to firm the bottom some.
- 2Don't overcook!
- 3Remove casing from the sausage and crumble.
- 4Sauté sausage and onions; drain well and spoon into prepared pie shell.
- 5Blend eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes, or until custard sets and tests clean with a knife.
- 7Allow to cool slightly.
- 8Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.5
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 750.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.4 g