This pie makes a lovely light supper dish. It takes very little time to put together and bake. Serve it with your favorite salad. This recipe is adapted from a cookbook by The Sons of Italy Florida Foundation.
- Place pie shell in oven during the pre-heating time for about 5- 10 minutes in order to firm the bottom some.
- Don't overcook!
- Remove casing from the sausage and crumble.
- Sauté sausage and onions; drain well and spoon into prepared pie shell.
- Blend eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes, or until custard sets and tests clean with a knife.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
This was very good! Easy to make and I only made one change, I added some mushrooms as I had a little less sausage than was called for. Will make again!!!
This was wonderful. I used the hot italian sausage rather than the sweet. Just the right heat for me. Quick to put together and bake. Leftovers heated up well. Thank you. I will be making this again. Catherine
I followed the recipe exactly. It turned out great and I LOVED IT! Thanks