Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created for a recipe contest. My family enjoys this recipe even if it wasn't a money winner.
- 2 links Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 6 large biscuits, prepared refrigerated (1 can)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In skillet over medium heat, brown sausage until cooked through. Transfer sausage to plate lined with paper towel and allow to drain and cool. Add olive oil to skillet, sauté pepper and onion for 2-3 minutes until soft but not brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spray six inserts of muffin pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough and separate into six pieces. Place large end of each piece into bottom of cup and wrap around sides to form a dough cup.
- Beat eggs with fork and combine with sausage, pepper and onion mixture, and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into dough cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are lightly golden brown and eggs are set. Move pan to cooling rack and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. With a fork gently loosen each cup around edges, and remove each cup from pan.