1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage & Pasta
A light and very delicious meal for any time of year. The balsamic vinegar and red wine make give the recipe a special taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each sausage link in 4 pieces.
- 2Place in microwave dish, sprinkle liberally with caraway seed, and cover.
- 3Microwave on high 5 minutes, stir, and continue to cook until sausage is cooked through.
- 4Drain liquid from sausage and set aside.
- 5In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil, and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- 6Add canned tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and wine.
- 7Add spices, stir, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 8Add sausage, stir well, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Serve with your favorite pasta, top with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage & Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1376.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: