Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Yet another great recipe I found in my moms collection.It is always fun to try a differnt spin on a traditional food and this is a good one!
Top Review by Princez76
These were very tastie, I made tonight for some light snacking. I made just a couple of changes. I mixed one cup of mozz cheese in the mix, along with a bunch more garlic then called for also a few sprigs of fresh Basil. You did not state what temp to bake at, I guessed 375, it took a little longer then the 15 minutes, but it was a very nice treat, thank you. Charlee
- 20 large mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb hot bulk Italian sausage
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease,lightly,a 13x9x2 inch dish.
- After cleaning mushrooms,remove stems.
- Set aside.
- Put mushroom caps in dish.
- In a medium skillet,combine the garlic and sausage.
- Brown the sausage,and crumble as stirring.
- Drain well.
- Position a knife's blade in processor bowl.
- Add the stems of mushrooms,sausage and the pepper.
- Cover top,and process for 30 seconds.
- By spoonfuls,add filling to mushrooms,then sprikle the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- You may garnish the mushrooms with the fresh parsley.