Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't know where I found this, but YUM!
Make and share this Italian Sausage Orzo Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- In a large soup pot, crumble sausage and cook over medium heat, stirring often until browned; about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, orzo and beef bullion. Heat to boiling. Stir in basil, fennel seeds, green beans and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until beans and carrots are almost tender.
- Stir in zucchini and wine and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.