Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one the number one soup picked out of the Bay Life North Magazine in Traverse City. I used Turkey Sweet Italian Sausage. I added a tich more orzo to the pot then the recipe calls for.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (or Italian Sausage, casings removed)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- In a soup pot, brown sausage. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute or two. Drain meat/veggies. Put back in pot. Add broth, tomatoes, basil,pepper and parsley. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until pasta in tender. Enjoy!
Very good soup! The whole family enjoyed it. This recipe will definitely be used again and again.