Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From French's website.
Make and share this Italian Sausage & Onion Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, Italian, bulk
- 1 large bell pepper, red, cut into strips
- 1 cup pizza sauce (or spaghetti)
- 14 ounces prepared pizza crust, pre-baked
- 1 1⁄3 cups fried onions (cheddar or original)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Cook sausage in nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently; drain. Add pepper and cook 3 minute Stir in pizza sauce.
- Spread sausage mixture on pizza crust. Sprinkle with French Onions and cheese. Bake pizza on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minute until cheese melts and crust is golden an crispy. Cut into wedges to serve.
This is excellent pizza. I did make my own crust and fried onions, but other than that followed the recipe exactly. Made for the winner of 1~2~3 Hits It's Not Easy Being Green ~ March 2010.