Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family raves about this dish and is constantly requesting it. It takes a bit of work but it is so good! If you want to impress someone this is the dish!
- Brown ground beef and sweet Italian sausage.
- Add garlic, salt, onion and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that simmers, mix together cream cheese and sour cream.
- Cook noodles.
- Coat a 9x13 inch cooking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer in pan: 1/3 of sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, cover with 1/3 more sauce, remaining noodles, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and let sit 10 minutes.
My family and I enjoyed this. I did have to add a bit more seasoning to the sauce. I used 1 lb of the sausage and 1/2 lb of ground beef. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
Delicious! We had limited food in the house, and this recipe worked out for us. I think next time I'll double the Italian sausage, as it's so good.
My Hubby and 2 1/2 yr old loved this. I added 3/4 cup of red wine to the tomato sauce for a different flavor and doubled the cheese as others suggested. Turned out Great!! Thanks