Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes the most awesome lentil soup. Great for the soon to come cold weather and goes together quickly.
- Place onion, celery, garlic and carrots in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Saute the veggies in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove sausage from casings and crumble.
- Add sausage to vegetables and saute until no longer pink.
- Rinse lentils and add to pot.
- Add broth, water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring often.
- If soup becomes too thick, add more broth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- When done, drizzle with olive oil, stir and serve.
This was a great recipe!!! I'm not sure why nobody has rated it. I did only a few minor changes. I didn't feel like being in the kitchen hovering so I put this in a crock pot and cooked it all day on low. I did add about 1/2 tsp curry and 1/2 tsp cumin and added the 3 cups of water as the broth cooked down (I didn't have the space to add the water initially). It was a great hit!! A nice change from the usual "Ham and Lentil" recipes that everyone seems to have. Thanks for sharing Marie