Cook1 hr 15 mins
Take your sausage and peppers to the next level with th big flavor of Johnsonville Italian Sausage combined with peppers, raisins, polenta and ranch dressing.
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté the sausage, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside. In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13” baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.