Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Take your sausage and peppers to the next level with th big flavor of Johnsonville Italian Sausage combined with peppers, raisins, polenta and ranch dressing.
Top Review by susanaaron123
I made this today for Sunday dinner with the family. It was a tremendous hit. However, missing was extra sauce. Therefore, when I make this recipe again, my eldest daughter and I both agree we shall add 3 Cups of pasta sauce to the recipe. My husband even made the comment about this recipe being so flavorful. It was very good, but for us additional sauce will put this recipe over the top! I enjoy no fuss recipes. That is what you have right here! Serve with salad, garlic bread, red wine and your favorite dessert. For us tonight, that will be a piece of 4 layer mayonnaise chocolate cake. Going to bed happy!
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté the sausage, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside. In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13” baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.