Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyday with Rachael Ray
- 8 Italian sausages, quartered crosswise
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1 sweet onion, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Thread the Italian sausage, bell peppers, onion and three-quarters of the garlic cloves onto 8 skewers.
- Brush the kebabs with 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the remaining garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until warm, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve the kebabs with the spinach.