Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from a friend. My whole family loves it and its very simple with only a few ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes with garlic
- 1 -2 green pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- Place all ingredients in large duch oven and cover.
- Simmer on the stove for 1 1/2- 2 hours.
- Serve on sturdy french rolls with sauce, peppers and onions over top.
- We like to also top with hot gardinera.
Great sandwiches and so easy which is great when you don't have time stand over the stove. I could not find crushed tomatoes with garlic in them, so I added a couple cloves of garlic. Made for Spring 2012 My 3 Chefs.