Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I read a recipe many years ago using Italian sweet sausage. I couldn't find it anywhere so I saved the recipe. Years later when I did find the sausage, I bought what I thought were the rest of the ingredients. When I looked at the recipe, that wasn't it at all. So I made it my way. Everyone who has ever tasted it really liked it.
- 1 lb fresh sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 lb very thin spaghetti
- Remove sausage from casing, break into small pieces and saute until meat is done.
- Saute peppers and onions.
- Add tomatoes, can of pineapple to peppers, onions and meat.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with a little cold water and add to mixture.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti until done.
- Serve meat sauce over spaghetti.
This was good, but my husband and I both thought it was missing something, maybe garlic. I will be trying it again with that addition. Very easy.
This was a big WOW for me. It really was great. I had no idea I was going to get this much flavor out of this recipe. What I did different was I used 4 lrg links of Italian sausage and 3/4 of a grn bell pepper and 3/4 of a red bell pepper,and about 1/2 cup of water. Wow this was fantastic. I will make this again. I will try it with rice next time. Thank You so much