Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a simple breakfast recipe posted as I prepare for Zaar's current World Tour, the big '4'!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage (mild, sweet or spicy)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat.
- Add mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute, until cheese is melting.
- In large bowl, beat ricotta cheese and eggs together; add this mixture to the sausage and cheese, stirring over moderate heat until eggs are cooked.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
oooh! I love this mix! I used cottage cheese as that's all I had on hand and it made the eggs so fluffy and creamy! I doubled the amount of eggs and added green peppers to make it for "breakfast for supper"
This is so simple and yet really yummy! We used lean sausage and reduced fat cheese. We also added some diced onions and the flavours really worked well together. I'll certainly be returning to this recipe!
Nice recipe that we enjoyed for lunch today. I halved the recipe for the 2 of us and the only thing I changed was to add freshly ground peper and a tad salt. Thanks for this great recipe Syd.