Recipe by Audrey M
A quick meal to throw together when you don't have time to prepare anything.
Top Review by PBF
I make this sort of thing regularly but hadn't thought to make it in a crockpot. I ended up putting peppers, onions, Italian hot sausage (links, frozen, no browning or anything beforehand) and some plain chopped tomatoes from a can (not even sauce) into the crockpot. I added a little garlic for flavor. Put it on high at 1pm and at 5pm the whole house smelled wonderful and everything was done. Am going to serve with some spaghetti tonight. Perfect. Love the idea of the crockpot, really should use it more, and if I don't have do do anything but put the stuff from freezer/fridge into the pot and let it go, I'm not sure it could be any easier. YUM.
- 1360.77 g mild Italian sausage, links
- enough water, to cover sausage
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1360.77 g chunky spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and sausage in a skillet.
- Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Place sausage without water in crock pot.
- Place onion and green pepper on top of sausage and then pour spaghetti sauce over everything.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite bread.