1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Florentine for the Crock Pot
6 hrs 15 mins
A hearty dish for a busy day. Also good as party or potluck food. The flavors of Italian sausage, spaghetti sauce, onions, and spinach meld perfectly in the crock pot. Despite all the healthy veggies its a real guy pleaser! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausages in skillet or on grill.
- 2Peel and slice onions. Put in bottom of 6qt crock pot.
- 3If using peppers, seed and slice vertically. Layer on top of the onions.
- 4Pour frozen spinach into crock pot.
- 5Arrange sausages on top of the spinach.
- 6Pour spaghetti sauce evenly over top of everything.
- 7Cook on high for 2 hours then on low for 3-4 hours. OR, thaw the spinach first and cook on low for 6+ hours.
- 8Serve over pasta, over rice, or with a hearty, crusty, bread. Pass grated Parmesan at the table.
- 9Note -- If preparing for a party or a potluck you may wish to slice the sausage and make 2 layers of ingredients to better control the portions. This version could have shredded mozzarella incorporated into the layers and on top.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Florentine for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 826.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 19.1 g