Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sauteed vegetables and italian sausage coated in spaghetti sauce and tossed with penne pasta. Makes a fast & easy weeknight supper! I usually use half sweet italian sausage and half hot. *I add Nature's Seasoning as my seasoning of choice, it's a blend of "Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, Spices, Natural Onion Flavor, Natural Garlic Flavor, Parsley, Celery Seeds".
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in saute pan.
- Chop onion and red pepper into a medium dice and add to pan.
- Mince garlic and add to pan once onion and pepper begin to soften.
- Cut Zucchini into a large dice and add to the pan.
- Cook all vegetable until slightly softened. Add salt and pepper and seasoning salt to desired taste.
- Remove pan from heat and place vegetables in a bowl.
- Turn heat up to medium high heat.
- Brown sausage links.
- Bring water to a boil for penne.
- Remove sausage and cut into coin -shaped pieces.
- Add sausage and veggies back into the pan and toss with spaghetti sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Add pasta once it is cooked and drained and simmer until ready to eat!