1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
Johnsonville Sausage's Note:
Johnsonville makes it easy to make your own authentic deep dish pizza with this fantastic recipe! If you’re looking for a pizza pie feast, this dish is packed with mushrooms, green peppers, black olives and delicious mounds of mozzarella, Parmesan and provolone cheese. Add in your favorite Johnsonville Italian Sausage for that extra layer of goodness, and you’re good to go!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Mild or Hot Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tubes refrigerated country italian bread dough (13.2 ounces)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into ¼-inch slices and set aside.
- 2In a skillet, sauté green pepper slices in 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- 3Remove peppers and set aside.
- 4In the same skillet, add remaining olive oil; sauté mushrooms over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- 5Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 400ºF.
- 6Butter the bottom and sides of two 9-inch round baking pans.
- 7Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cornmeal in the interior of each pan.
- 8Remove bread dough from tubes, unroll and press one tube of dough up sides and over the bottom of each prepared pan.
- 9Arrange 3 slices of provolone over dough, followed by 1 ½ cups of mozzarella and ¼ cup of Parmesan into each pan.
- 10Spread ¾ cup of pizza sauce over cheese layer.
- 11Top each pizza with half of the green peppers, mushrooms, olives and sausage slices.
- 12Bake at 400ºF for 30-35 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
- 13Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 14Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Deep Dish Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.3
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 713.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Johnsonville Mild or Hot Italian Sausage Links