In the mood for a savory egg dish? Spicy Italian sausage and smoky Provolone make a delicious quiche perfect for breakfast or lunch with a big green salad.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (or cream)
- 1 cup Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil or 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon mixed italian seasoning
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the eggs and milk together and whisk well.
- Sesaon the egg mixture with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Spray the oil into a deep pie dish.
- Layer the sausage and cheese and red pepper into the pie dish and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Pop into the oven and bake until middle is firm, about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with hot Italian bread.