Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This is a robust, easy to make Soup. One of my Favorite's.
- 453.59 g bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml minced garlic (I use bottled)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 411.06 g can tomatoes, chopped & undrained
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml crushed dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml crushed dried oregano
- 1.23 ml crushed dried thyme
- 3 (1190.67 g) can chicken broth
- 118.29 ml orzo pasta
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Brown Susage, Onion, & Garlic, drain.
- 2. In slow cooker add: Everything except orzo and Parmesan.
- 3. Cook on Low for 8 hrs or on High for 4 hours.
- 4. Set pot to high and add Orzo for 20 minute.
- 5. Serve with Parmesan Cheese in top.
I am so full because I could not stop eating this! I omitted half the liquid (stock mainly) and added 1.5 times as much orzo, and it came out like an Italian Jambalaya! My family loved this. I needed to do something with frozen sausage and this was the perfect recipe. Thanks!
The soup/broth was awesome tasty, but because the sausage had been in the slow cooker that long, it came out a tasteless bit of sausage texture...in a tasty broth, at least. I think this recipe works better on a stove than on a slow cooker.
Wow! This is hands-down one of the best crock pot recipes I've ever made! Delicious, hearty, easy. So glad to have found it, thank you for sharing!