Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This is a robust, easy to make Soup. One of my Favorite's.
Make and share this Italian Sausage Crockpot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (I use bottled)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped & undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Brown Susage, Onion, & Garlic, drain.
- 2. In slow cooker add: Everything except orzo and Parmesan.
- 3. Cook on Low for 8 hrs or on High for 4 hours.
- 4. Set pot to high and add Orzo for 20 minute.
- 5. Serve with Parmesan Cheese in top.
Wow! This is hands-down one of the best crock pot recipes I've ever made! Delicious, hearty, easy. So glad to have found it, thank you for sharing!
This is the most delicious crockpot soup I've made in years! First, its easy to assemble and once it starts cooking the kitchen smells wonderful! Only change I made was using 2 cans of chopped Italian stewed tomatoes, with the juice, adding small, sliced portobello mushrooms and fresh baby spinach. I did not put in orzo but had rotini for those that wanted pasta. Everyone was going back for seconds and thirds! The parmesan on top makes it truly Italian! I will be making this in the next week to put up in containers for cold weather, will add white kidney beans instead of pasta. I bet it would be great over small tortellini also! Its definitely a recipe worth trying!
I added mushrooms in place of the carrots, used twice the amount of orzo and replaced one of the cans of chicken stock with a 12 oz beer. The beer made it great! Delicious and easy!