Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A creamy, easy to make tummy warming soup. Serve with garlic bread.
- 4 hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 baking potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook sausage in a large sauce pot, crunbling with the edge of a spoon, until no longer pink.
- Drain, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add broth, potatoes and garlic, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper and serve.
This is VERY tasty. My DH like it so much that he asked for it to be included in our recipe rotation. I used the hot italian sausage and thought that was a good choice. Everyone should like it. Give 'er a try!
Very Good! I did add a bit of dill and thickened with milk and corn starch. Don't skimp on the spinach and if you like a little more kick add a pinch of cayenne pepper.