Serve with pasta and a salad for a rich and flavorful meal!
Make and share this Italian Sausage Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- If using sausage links, remove from casings.
- Crumble sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the drippings. Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the sausage, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In another skillet, brown chicken slightly. Remove from skillet and put in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more (uncovered).
- Serve over hot pasta.