Recipe by loof
Serve with pasta and a salad for a rich and flavorful meal!
Top Review by Bev M.
after melting the cheeses on top of this I placed my individual precioked pasta "nests" on top, covered and let them simmer on lowest setting until the kids were ready to eat. absolutely a home run and easy dish for everyone!
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- If using sausage links, remove from casings.
- Crumble sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the drippings. Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the sausage, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In another skillet, brown chicken slightly. Remove from skillet and put in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more (uncovered).
- Serve over hot pasta.