Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve with pasta and a salad for a rich and flavorful meal!
Make and share this Italian Sausage Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- If using sausage links, remove from casings.
- Crumble sausage in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until browned. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the drippings. Cook and stir until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the sausage, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In another skillet, brown chicken slightly. Remove from skillet and put in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more (uncovered).
- Serve over hot pasta.
This is rich and very delicious. I to made a half amount and found it to be quite ample. My choice was a mild sausage so that DH would also enjoy it. For the pasta I used a small serving of angel hair and served with broccoli. Great meal. :D
This is a very tasty dish! I like the combination of the chicken and the sausage. It was simple to make and came together in no time. I used hot sausage and it gave it a nice kick. Thanks for sharing.
I scaled this back a bit,as there were just the two of us eating.I used homemade tomato sauce,rather than canned ,and omitted the tomato paste,as it didn't seem necessary.I had to butterfly my chicken breasts out,as they were really thick,but it also gave more surface area for the sauce to cover! The flavours were fantastic,and as I used hot Italian sausage,it had a wonderful little zip to it. A really simple and very tasty dish that went down a treat with some good Aussie ice cold bubbly wine,and salad.Yum!!