Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
All in one dish casserole of Italian sausage, peppers and potatoes in a tomato sauce that goes together quickly and is delicious!
- 2 lbs Italian sausage, hot or mild
- 4 potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Brown sausage in saute pan, then place in 9x13 baking dish.
- Place potatoes, peppers, onion and garlic on top of sausage.
- Pour crushed tomatoes over and sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.
- Remove cover and bake 20 minutes more.
We really enjoyed this easy -to-make casserole. I made it exactly as directed and it turned out great! However, I used fresh pork sausage which I had in the refrigerator; it was good but I think using the Italian sausage as listed in the recipe will taste even better, so that's the way I'll be making it next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
A great dish and all of the ingredients are something that I always have on hand. The flavor blends well and no changes was needed.
This is awesome! I, too, had to cook it longer for the sake of the potatoes -- 1 hr. 20 min. It's great just the way it is, but I'm envisioning adding mushrooms, hot peppers and perhaps sauteed chicken when I have a crowd for dinner. Thanks Marie!