Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Kraft.
Make and share this Italian Sausage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 6 ounces pckg of stove top savory herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, cut into slices
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Set aside.
- Cook and stir sausage, peppers, and onion in a large skillet until sausage is browned.
- Place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over sausage mixture and then sprinkle spices over top.
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake 25min.
This is a good dish. Since the boxed stuffing has way to much salt for my liking, I made my own. Next time i will cut back on the herbs a bit. I found there was way to much going on and they competed against each other (ie: stuffing seasoning). I used a ground sausage instead of links, as that is what i had on hand. :)