1/1 Photo of Italian-Sausage Burgers With Garlicky Spinach
I got this burger from Food & Wine. I was making it for the boys as I am not a huge fan of sausage. It was AMAZING! Don't leave out the anchovy paste. I used all mild sausage; next time I think I will do half and half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed (Mild, hot or a combination of both)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried-tomato pesto sauce
- 4 round ciabatta rolls, split and toasted (or hamburger buns)
- 1In a large skillet, bring 1/4 inch of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 1 minute; drain and press out as much water as possible. Wipe out the skillet.
- 2In the same skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil until shimmering Add the garlic and anchovy paste and cook over high heat stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the spinach, season with salt to taste and stir just until coated, about 10 seconds.
- 3Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Using slightly moistened hands, form the sausage meat into four 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Brush the burgers with oil and grill over moderate heat until browned and crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Carefully flip the burgers. Top with the cheese and grill until the burgers are cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
- 4Spread the pesto on the rolls. Top with the burgers and spinach and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Sausage Burgers With Garlicky Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.9
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 1671.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: