Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a hearty quiche that can easily pass for dinner when served with salad and rolls.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 ready to bake deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup cheese, any type you wish,i use half cheddar,half monterey jack,divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; add sausage, garlic and onions and saute until brown.
- Remove from heat and slice sausage into smaller pieces.
- Arrange meat mixture in the pie crust; add broccoli and 3/4 cup cheese to the pie crust.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and half-and-half.
- Pour egg mixture slowly over ingredients in pie crust, being careful not to pour above the ridge of the pie pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top.
- Place in center of preheated 350° oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Quite possibly the best quiche I ever have eaten. Certainly the best I ever have made. Delicious!
Made this today for lunch and it was very good. It was the first time DH and I had a quiche. He said it was good but not very filling so next time I will just make somthing to go along with it. I made ours with Turkey italian sausage as we are watching how we eat. I will be making this again and will experiment more. Thanks for sharing.
There was nothing left to take home after the party!!! Thanks for the great recipe. Only thing I would change is to mix all the ingredients together before pouring instead of layering them. Otherwise, perfect.