Recipe by James Di Maio
Yum! Makes great toast too.
Top Review by sylvia.jarvis
This is great, My partner and I ran a hotel in the country (we live in New Zealand) and we had regular community get togethers and of course the hotel provided the catering, This was my stand by, But with a variety of different fillings but all along the same line, (Crispy Bacon with Cheese,Sausage and Tomato Salsa, Char grilled Courgettes and Tomato, etc)all made into a long roll and some sliced and baked like mini pizza's others baked as a long roll loaf and them sliced and served hot with home make garlic butter if desired. Always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1⁄4 cup italian seasoning (commercial)
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb Italian sausage (browned and loose)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out dough as large as you can, as you would for cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle cheese, sausage, seasoning, salt and pepper evenly over surface.
- drain sausage first.
- Roll up from one end and form a normal loaf of bread.
- Dampen edges of dough and pinch edges to seal.
- Make small cuts on surface of dough to allow air to escape.
- Let raise and bake at 350F degrees for about 30 minsutes until golden brown.
- Cool, and slice into 1" slices.
- Serve warm.