1/4 Photos of Italian Sausage Bread
1 hr 45 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
My DH reminded me about this recipe. It's been a long time since I've made it. It will be on the 'Nascar' menu next week end!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage (we like the extra spicy one)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, packed in oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 -3 slices provolone cheese
- pizza sauce, for dipping (I have used left over Marinara)
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1For filling sauté sausage, veggies and seasonings until sausage is no longer pink and liquid has evaporated from pan.
- 2Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of pizza sauce.
- 3Roll out bread dough to a large rectangle (stopping once in awhile to let dough rest).
- 4Spread filling up to 1 inch from sides of dough. Top with cheeses. Roll to a log. Seal ends (brushing water and pinching).
- 5Place log on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- 6Let rest 30 to 45 minutes.
- 7Bake in 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes (until loaf is golden brown).
- 8Cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- 9Heat left over sauce for dipping before serving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Bread
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 546.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough